B2B PR SENIOR ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE
WE ARE WILFUL
A new kind of communications agency designed to support the ideas and innovations solving the world’s biggest problems. Wilful is a taskforce drawing on the talent and expertise of two founder agencies, Gong Communications (Corporate and B2B) and Cherish PR (Consumer).
Gong Communications is an award-winning international PR and communications agency and a proud B Corp. We offer our clients the full spectrum of PR, marketing, digital and creative communications services from our offices in London and Nairobi.
We work with companies ranging from publicly listed multinationals to feisty start-ups, mostly in the B2B and corporate sectors. All our exceptional clients share our entrepreneurial spirit and a desire to keep pushing the boundaries. Key sectors include professional and financial services, infrastructure and renewable energy, global health and development and technology. Gong also has expertise in the cross-cutting themes of culture, diversity and inclusion, sustainability and purpose.
1.0 ROLE PURPOSE
A Senior Account Executive works as part of an account team to execute competently and proactively against the agreed PR programmes for each client. This involves taking a leading role in the day-to-day running of client accounts, including tracking, and driving progress on all actions and identified priorities, strategic forward planning, providing a reliable client point of contact and providing any other support required for delivery of the programme, for example, sourcing and managing third party suppliers. Senior Account Executives are also responsible for content creation and quality control for client facing documentation.
2.0 CANDIDATE PROFILE
The ideal candidate will have at least 1 year of relevant work experience, the ability to multi-task, an enthusiastic and adaptable personality, with a keen interest in corporate communications. A passion for sustainability and climate is a must.
An undergraduate degree with PR, media, communications, journalism, politics, international development, geography or similar, isn’t essential but would be an advantage.
- Support the account team with tactical implementation of communication strategies.
- Develop and sustain relationships with client contacts based on understanding of clients’ industries, needs and the brief we are delivering.
- Research and draft content for clients (for example: key messages, press releases, thought leadership, case studies, media briefing documents, etc.).
- Providing support and guidance to junior members of the team.
- Draft story pitches and pitch press releases and feature ideas by phone or email to media.
- Secure and manage interview opportunities with key journalists for client spokespeople – in person or over the phone – and facilitate these interviews as appropriate.
- Speak to journalists regularly to develop useful relationships.
- Monitor media coverage and help spot opportunities for clients.
- Handle clients’ social media accounts and digital work (including SEO Management).
- Deliver analytics reports on social media, reporting on traffic, engagement, and follower figures.
- Activity calendar creation and management (aka forward planner), including owning reporting and delivering in a timely manner.
- Contribute to brainstorms with fresh ideas for PR campaigns.
4.0 GONG BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING
- Spot commercial opportunities and contribute to new business activity.
- Take responsibility for creating content to Gong’s social media channels and website.
- Provide programme delivery support and input ideas into Gong’s marketing strategy.
- Attendance at external networking events as well as Gong-led initiatives.
5.0 REQUIRED SKILLS
- Excellent command of English language writing skills.
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Motivated to meet client KPI’s.
- Ability to prioritise and forward plan effectively.
- A passion for news and a strong awareness of current affairs.
- Ability to work across different teams and specialities.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Good knowledge of the use of digital tools and social media.
- Willingness to take initiative, own and take responsibility for work.
- Awareness of new media developments and latest communications industry developments.
- Creativity, proactivity, and ideas sharing.
- Structured and financed L&D programme
- Hybrid working approach
- 25 days annual leave
- Additional AL days between Christmas and New Year gifted
- 2 additional days per year
* 1 for birthday
* 1 volunteer day (to be used during the calendar year)
- All Wilful employees receive a laptop and work phone
- Bonus (discretionary 10% of net profit to the team)
- Health insurance option
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced pension contribution (4% & 4%)
- Organised social events (Christmas and summer parties, regular meet-ups, team lunches, etc.)
- Flexible working (early Friday finish in the summer months)
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com