B2B PR ACCOUNT MANAGER
Gong Communications (part of The Wilful Group) is an award-winning international PR and communications agency and a proud B Corp.
We offer our clients the full spectrum of strategic advice, digital and creative communications services from our offices in London and Nairobi and offer expertise in the cross-cutting themes of culture, diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and purpose.
With a growing roster of clients and following internal promotions, we’re now looking for a talented PR Account Manager to join our B2B team and work on some of our key accounts within the infrastructure and renewable energy, global health and development, and technology sectors.
- The successful candidate will have a passion for media relations, strong writing skills and be adept at managing clients.
- They will have at least 3-4 years’ PR experience (ideally some agency side) and a keen interest in our client sectors (specifically Climate, Tech, International Development and Sustainability).
- This is a hybrid role, split between home working and from our Wilful HQ in Marylebone.
SUMMARY OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be the main point of contact for the client on a day-to-day basis.
- Manage multiple projects of varying scope and size, applying experience and intuition to prioritise effectively.
- Translate agreed strategies and programmes into effective tactical implementation that meets and exceeds client expectations.
- Monitor the delivery of activity against agreed programme KPIs.
- Combine PR creativity with knowledge of the client and industry to identify news hooks, angles and thought leadership themes that deliver against each programme’s communications objectives.
- Deliver strategic, insight-led writing with guidance on approach from senior team.
- Apply commercial awareness to the running of accounts and scope cost estimates for basic projects.
- Contribute to strategy creation and drive forward the tactical implementation of agreed communications programmes across earned, owned and paid channels.
- Proactively build relationships with journalists and industry influencers, leveraging these relationships to the benefit of clients.
- Spot and trouble shoot potential issues before they become problematic, keeping the account director on the account aware of progress.
- Lead client meetings.
- Mentor junior colleagues, support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, ideas and experience.
- Oversee the creation of account documentation and maintain the highest standards of delivery.
- Excellent command of the English language and the ability to write creatively while keeping in line with grammatical and journalistic best practices.
- Create a wide range of documents, as well as mentoring account executives to effectively deliver them.
- Examples include, press releases, pitches and pitching and bylined features / comment.
- Take responsibility for achieving all agreed event KPIs
- Attend (if requested by the client) and manage the effective delivery of client events and support all aspects of event management
RESEARCH & ANALYSIS
- Source, assimilate and analyse information and present it effectively
- Demonstrate established, in-depth market knowledge of client industries and their competitive positioning and be able to apply that to engaging with different audiences (e.g. media, clients, partners, prospects)
GONG BUSINESS MANAGEMENT, DEVELOPMENT & MARKETING
Mentor junior team members including taking responsibility for delivering some formal training
- Proactively and effectively contribute to new business pitches, brainstorms, proposals and presentations
- Hybrid working approach (min 2 days in the office) + early Friday finish during summer months.
- Financed learning and development programme and personalised career pathway.
- Access to the Wilful People Hub (in partnership with Perkbox).
- 25 Days annual leave + 2 additional days per year (1 for birthday/1 volunteer day).
- Office closure between Christmas and New Year.
- Discretionary bonus (10% of net profit to the team).
- Enhanced pension contribution (4% & 4%).
- Funded social events (Christmas, summer parties, regular meet-ups, team lunches, etc.).
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com